Monday, July 9, 2007

New Horizons?

DH and I have been doing alot of talking lately. We are both extremely unsatisfied in our "professional" lives. I have been in the same industry in some way or another since I was 17!!! He has been with his company for 20 years. We are both very burned out (pun intended) here in Florida and want a change - a major change.

DH called our realtor this weekend to talk about putting our house on the market. The realtor said the market is somewhat down right now, and advised that we wait until late fall. Fine with me...gives DH and I time to do some research and it gives me some time to figure out what to do with all of the yarn I have.

I am celebrating five years with my current employer this month. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I have been employed with them since just about the time I moved down here from Tallahassee. As a way of expressing their gratitude for my loyalty, they sent a MasterCard Debit Card loaded with a little money. I took it directly to Chez Casuelle in Leesburg...and spent exactly the amount on the card! I will have pictures of the take soon...Just too bleepin' hot to go outside and arrange yarn for pictures.

Speaking of pictures...on my flickr site, I have several pictures of a volunteer turnip that "turned up" in my Dad's garden this year (he didn't plant any this year). This turnip is HUGE! Most of the time, turnips are probably the size of a tennis ball...this bad boy is about the size (if not a little bigger) than a basketball.

No comments: