Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Spin Ply Sell and an Upcoming Trip

Well, let's see...I spent the two days of the Mount Dora Craft Fair at Knit-N-Needle Nook. During that time, I was spinning the green roving I picked up at the Finger Lakes Fiber Festival.

Wool Roving 1#

Amazingly, a lady asked if I would be willing to sell the finished yarn to her when I was finished with it. Of course, I said... I am in the plying phase now of the process. There are two obstacles I have left to overcome. The first being twist set. Is there anything special I need to do to set the twist other than soak in lukewarm water and hang to dry? The second, and biggest, is price. I think it is going to end up being about 1000 yds of a heavy lace or light fingering weight yarn. I have looked on Ravelry and on the web but really cannot find anything - maybe I am looking in the wrong places....

Steve and I are going to Philadelphia for Thanksgiving...this is an annual trip we make to visit with his family...and I am debating with myself about taking the Lendrum. Steve says no, I say yes...I can talk and spin at the same time. Plus it will give me something to do with my hands, but I will have knitting with me, of course....During this little trip of ours to Philly, I will be making a few trips to shops and farms (hopefully) around the area in search of local wool and other products! :-)

No comments: