Sunday, November 18, 2007

Weekend With Good Friends

Yesterday, Steve and I went to the Longwood Craft Fair. We took a friend from Steve's work, Takako, with us and our friend Michelle meet us there. The day started out really well and that never changed! We picked up Takako and made it to the fair about 20 minutes early, so we got a great parking spot. We walked around to see what types of goodies they had. Takako was coveting and fondling a handmade piece of pottery at one of the first booths we passed. She was much better than I would have been, as she was able to put the piece down and say "I will see what else is here first". We wondered through the street looking at all of the wares for sale. I ran into the lady with the alpaca farm...and I bought her only skein of pink yarn (I had bought 4 or 5 when I met her in Mount Dora). I needed one more for a wrap pattern I found. I picked up a couple of bars of handmade soap.

Michelle met us there around 11 and we walked around again. I wondered off from them so Steve had to call me to find out where I was. While we were talking I heard Michelle start laughing in the background, then Steve whisper, "I gotta go" and he hung up. I continued to walk around. In about 2 or 3 minutes, I ran in Michelle and she told me what happened...She had been looking at some things and dropped her Pepsi on the table (yes, the drink spilled all over). Well, as she said, she grabbed Steve and they took off...What a couple of punks! :-) Anyway, she and I walked around. One booth we came upon had wood cut out of states on the outside, with a sign saying the other states were inside. You can probably guess what my first thought was, MAINE! Of course, it was there...It is in the shape of Maine, with MAINE cut out in the middle of it...Also, cut out in the middle is a pine tree, lobster and lighthouse. I think it is beautiful! I bought it with the intention of giving it to Steve while saying to him...since you gave Maine to me, I would like to give it back to you. I did give it to him and it was while we were still with Michelle and Takako...I didn't know it was going to make him cry!!!!!!

After all of this, we decided we needed to eat something other than a funnel cake, so we all loaded up into our truck and we headed to The Cheesecake Factory. YUMMY!!! Cobb salad for me, edamame for Michelle, omelette for Takako and omelette for Steve. Michelle was the only one of us that was able to withstand the lure of the cheesecake, because the rest of us took a piece to go! I love the cookie-dough cheesecake! We took Michelle back to her car, took Takako home and Steve took me to Tuesday Morning. I was looking through thier rather small yarn selection and was very shocked to see some of the Queensland Collection there...Well, I am not too impressed with that brand (the skeins I have are very splity), so I was able to leave it at the store! We came home and I went to bed!

Today, I spent most of the afternoon at Knit-N-Needle Nook visiting with Lora and doing a little knitting!

Should I take the Lendrum to Philadelphia????? That is the question of the week. Well, at least until Wednesday night. Okay, the more important question is, should I take my heavy coat????? :-)

No comments: