Saturday, February 3, 2007

A New Day - But Grey Skies Still

I woke up again this morning to thunder, but it was nothing like yesterday. DH and I got up and got ready - me for the OAKS meeting and him for his appointment in Cassadega. What a day at the OAKS meeting...Jackie brought some of her new yarns, which we all fondled and oh & ah'd over. I ended up with two skeins of a blue variegated worsted wool...It is beautiful. As always, we chatted and enjoyed the companionship.

I knew DH would not be back by 12 because his appointment wasn't until 11 and it was 45 minutes long, so as everyone was packing up to leave I was settling in for a little more knitting/book hunting. Jody asked me if I wanted to get lunch while I waited for DH. Of course, I said yes, so we walked to Panera. Jody and I had a great talk. It was really nice to get to know her a little better. My suspicion that she is very intelligent and very interesting to talk to was confirmed. DH joined us after a little while and we continued to chat.

On the way home, I convinced DH, once again, that a trip to Knit -N- Needle Nook in Mount Dora was an essential part of my day. So, even though it was the weekend of the Mount Dora Art Festival, we made the trip. He dropped me off, found a parking space (a good ways away) and took a nap. As I have already ranted and raved about the yarn and the buys in the shop, I will spare the details. The only part of the story you are probably interested in is what I got and how much I paid for it....I ended up with about 109 more skeins of yarn for about $100. However, I found out that I had missed out on a great opportunity. The shop owners had made arrangements to have several ladies to their house so they could go through some of the yarn that has yet to make it to the store. GGGRRRRR! I can't believe I missed that. The good news is they said they would do that again very soon - much to my pleasure and DH's dismay. All in all, another good day!

Here is a list of the goodies from today's adventure:

Katia - Papiro - 20 skeins
Crystal Palace -Georgia Cotton - 7 skeins
Mandarin - Petit - 10 skeins
Katia - Capri - 15 skeins
Novita - Linnea - 6 skeins
Crystal Palace - Baby Georgia - 6 skeins
Gedifra - Bermuda - 9 skeins
Bernat - Carina - 9 skeins
Schewe - Campus - 8 skeins
Aarlan - Cotolana - 9 skeins
Linie 10 - 7 skeins
Linie 80 - 3 skeins

No comments: